This post is dedicated to a simple concept: Measuring the difference you are making in other peoples lives. I know I sometimes think I make little to know difference in others lives, and I know many others who often discredit themselves or do not realize the difference that they make. And God tasks us very simply to love others- and given how broad that request is and can be, I want to parse out some of the ways I believe to tangibly succeed at this.
Therefore I am recreating some content from a "Gallup Group" survey- Let it be known they get full credit for generating the original content of these questions on their "Positive Impact" Quiz. See link below:
I hope in this context they are read in order to affirm you in all that you are doing for others as well as inspire you in some new ways in which you could do more. Here are the questions up for consideration:
In life, have you lately:
- Helped someone in the last 24 hours?
- Been expectionally courteous to someone?
- Maintained a positive outlook and encouraged others to be positive?
- Praised someone in the last 24 hours?
- Developed a knack for making other people feel good?
- Told someone in the last 24 hours you care about them?
- Made a point to be acquinted with new people I have met?
- When I am recognized, Do I allow it to fuel me to recognize someone else?
- Have I listened to someone talk through his goals/ambitions?
- Have I made unhappy people laugh?
- I notice and celebrate when people in my life do things at a level of excellence?
- Have I forgiven someone recently?
- I Always smile at people I meet?
- I feel good about giving genuine praise for good work?